Thursday, May 6, 2010

THE CHOCOLATE





I am back in Utah visiting my family. I love being home. The babies & the kids always giving kisses and hugs (even when the kisses are wet and slobbery!). My sisters making me laugh. I love family time, even when it means doing absolutely nothing but chatting in the living room. I haven't taken very many pics this week, I've been so busy prepping for the Beehive Bazaar and trying to spend as much time with LaLa before she flew back to TX. I hate when I don't take more pictures! I always regret it! Ugh!
Anyway- my Dad has been telling me about this cute little dessert shop that recently opened up here in my hometown, Orem--
'The Chocolate'
.
Of course, we HAD to go. Yum, Yum, Yum. I loved that it was an old house that they turned into a cute cafe style bakery. They had so many delicious treats--I am now even more sure that I can't wait to start working out again after that little trip. (I spent $15 on desserts, and yes, I ate everything)
Totally worth it. I am a huge fan.
Thanks Dad!
Looking forward to my last few days here in UT- I get to see my brothers, spend Mother's Day with my mama, hopefully meet baby Hailey, and if all goes as planned make one last stop at The Chocolate :)

5 comments:

Annie and Dan said...

Mari, I pass by that place almost everyday and have been dying to go in. I am so glad to hear that it is good. In fact I think Dan and I will have to go this weekend. I am glad you are able to visit your fam. There's nothing like spending time with the people who know you best!

Audrey {+} John said...

That place sounds amazing! That house looked familiar and sure enough I know that place very well!!! My mom used to own part of it back in the day when it was a gift / home decor store called Thru the Grapevine! Then I believe it was a hair school and now this! I checked out their website and it looks so yummy! Next time I'm in town I am totally going there! Have fun with your fam!

Alison said...

I want to try this out next time I am in Utah!! Enjoy your visit!

the organic kitchen said...

oh la la The Chocolate! We will definitely have to pay a visit this week!

ChloƩ said...

i can't believe i haven't been there yet! i have heard a lot about it and still haven't been.. i may jut have to go now!!