Thursday, May 6, 2010

THE CHOCOLATE





I am back in Utah visiting my family. I love being home. The babies & the kids always giving kisses and hugs (even when the kisses are wet and slobbery!). My sisters making me laugh. I love family time, even when it means doing absolutely nothing but chatting in the living room. I haven't taken very many pics this week, I've been so busy prepping for the Beehive Bazaar and trying to spend as much time with LaLa before she flew back to TX. I hate when I don't take more pictures! I always regret it! Ugh!
Anyway- my Dad has been telling me about this cute little dessert shop that recently opened up here in my hometown, Orem--
'The Chocolate'
.
Of course, we HAD to go. Yum, Yum, Yum. I loved that it was an old house that they turned into a cute cafe style bakery. They had so many delicious treats--I am now even more sure that I can't wait to start working out again after that little trip. (I spent $15 on desserts, and yes, I ate everything)
Totally worth it. I am a huge fan.
Thanks Dad!
Looking forward to my last few days here in UT- I get to see my brothers, spend Mother's Day with my mama, hopefully meet baby Hailey, and if all goes as planned make one last stop at The Chocolate :)

5 comments:

Annie and Dan said...

Mari, I pass by that place almost everyday and have been dying to go in. I am so glad to hear that it is good. In fact I think Dan and I will have to go this weekend. I am glad you are able to visit your fam. There's nothing like spending time with the people who know you best!

Audrey Crisp said...

That place sounds amazing! That house looked familiar and sure enough I know that place very well!!! My mom used to own part of it back in the day when it was a gift / home decor store called Thru the Grapevine! Then I believe it was a hair school and now this! I checked out their website and it looks so yummy! Next time I'm in town I am totally going there! Have fun with your fam!

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

I want to try this out next time I am in Utah!! Enjoy your visit!

the organic kitchen said...

oh la la The Chocolate! We will definitely have to pay a visit this week!

chloƩ said...

i can't believe i haven't been there yet! i have heard a lot about it and still haven't been.. i may jut have to go now!!