I am so Thankful! Life is awesome, and I am incredibly happy. I feel so blessed to have all the people in my life that I have, to have been to the places I have been, seen, done, learned, received all that I have. In the spirit of the holiday, I (like many of you) am going to post a small list of the things I am grateful for.
1. Family: I am a sucker for my family. My in-laws & my own immediate. I am SO lucky to have such a big & wonderful group of people to always rely on. I would do anything for them. Being the baby sister has been the best part (no, not because I get spoiled). I am PROUD to be a Carver. I am PROUD to be a Spiker. I love each & every one of them, and know they each help/bless/influence me for good in their own way--I would be lost without them. Plus I have the CUTEST nieces & nephews in the entire world!
2. Chris: what can I say? He's the man!
3. Church: So much good in my life is due to the gospel. It brings me peace & joy. I am always learning more & growing more in the church, and I am grateful for that. I love having a place to go that reminds me what it's all about & having strangers become friends because of this united thread that binds us.
4. Music: I'd die without it. I love all kinds. Love new. Love old. It completes me.
5. Change of Season: Okay, so maybe THIS completes me. I grew up with 4 seasons, so I am naturally a 4 season kind of gal. I appreciate when the weather changes, I find it beautiful & refreshing (yes, even with snow).
6. Sisters: I know I already mentioned family. But I am grateful for sister relationships. They are unique & nothing is like them. My cup is over full with sister relationships, with two sisters & six sister in laws. I LOVE SISTERS! They understand & accept you, no matter how off & strange you may be...like me!
**I am grateful for ALL of my friends, I just wanted to thank a few in particular for their extra support/love this year!
7. Brit: Talk about a person who will do anything & everything for you. She has blessed my life, ever since we were college roomies. This year is no different. I could go on & on & on about how Brit blesses my life. She is constant & always makes sure she is apart of my life, I know she cares because she shows it almost everyday. She has taught me so much & I actually want to be just like her when I grow up ;)
8. Ash: I am grateful for Ash because she has taught me a lot about friendship this past year through our friendship. I am also grateful for her because she is a good & genuine person, always positive & upbeat. Being my first CA friend, making me laugh ALL the time, always offering her time/energy etc whenever I need anything. I am also grateful she is a mommy, because I get to watch her learn & it's made me realize maybe I can do this!
9. Danny, Traci, & Mark: Chris' friends from college have become mine. I love them. They make us laugh & they are the most loyal people we know. I know we are so blessed to have them in our lives.
10. Forgiveness: I ain't perfect. I am thankful for the people who have forgiven me for my moments of idiocy, rudeness, or selfishness.
11. Orange County: No commuting! GORGEOUS weather! Chris is working! 2 bdrm apt! Great places to eat, shop, & hang out. (& it's only been 2 weeks..)
12. Valencia 2nd Friends: We have some amazing friends up in V2 that we will really miss. We've enjoyed many a sunday dinners with them, ran races with some, and laughed with all. We aren't sure we will find a ward as cool as V2 anywhere..
13. ALL my friends: Cami, Jeni, Benz, Jess, Jac, Rach, etc etc etc etc.
SO thankful for all of you!!!
14. Ti Vo: VERY thankful! ;)
15. Holidays: the music, the energy, the "spirit", the fun, the food, the people.
Best time of the year.
16. Work Experience: I am not lazy. I can at least say that much. I am who I am today because I can roll up my sleeves & work. I have learned & grown so much as a person because of it, and really value the experiences/knowledge I have gained from it.
17. Make Up: there are just some days when I need it & hallelujah I have it!
18.Blankets, Socks, & Heaters: I am ALWAYS cold, without these I'd be an ice sculpture.
19. Traveling: I'll do it anytime & go any place. I love it! Especially with Chris, he makes it fun.
20. Food/Sleep: I think these go hand in hand, because I want to do both ALL the time.
21. USA: We may have disagreements, economic struggles, etc. But Im still so thankful to live here and am still as patriotic as ever!
ETC. ETC. ETC.