Thursday, October 10, 2013

Autumn in New York

A girl like me could sum up the things I love in one word: autumn. So, naturally, when the opportunity came for us to join Chris in NYC while he works his tail feather off I was excited. I knew that it wouldn't be easy with a 6mo old child, seeing as he would be sleeping next to me in our hotel room, wouldn't have any of his toys, etc. etc. The other option was to stay in sunny SoCal and be apart from eachother for 6-8weeks. And since I am sort of attached to my spouse, that wasn't an option. The hours would be long in the city, he would barely see us (if at all) but something is better than nothing, right? And if I'm being completely honest, Will likes his daddy a LOT. He would be pretty bummed out if he didn't see him for 2months.

So, October 1st came & we embarked on this adventure!

Week 1:
When we got here the weather was in the 80's & it was muggy-bleh. But this week, it's been cool, crisp, and the leaves are starting to change. I found a place to get delis hot apple cider & another place for yummy hot cocoa---basically I'm set. The days are a mixture of loneliness (sounds crazy with a city with almost 9 million people in it..), exploration, adjusting to hotel life, and fun. Will is the best partner to have accompany me around the city! He is being such a good sport, although I know he misses home. I hope he enjoys the new sights and sounds he is getting to experience. He isn't a huge fan of the stroller, so I am going to have to figure something out so he isn't always miserable while I go out. 

So, aside from missing adult interaction and Will's jumparoo & exersaucer, things are going pretty well so far. It's only been one week, but we are already getting better at this whole parents in the city gig. I am super excited to be here during my FAVORITE month ever & to be apart of this big apple for a couple of months.

Here are some pictures from our first week here: 










































No comments: