Friday, December 18, 2009

it's gonna be a good day..

I've had a bit of down spell lately. (Possibly & most likely due to the sleeping issues I've been experiencing. The lack of sleep makes me a bit of a emotional & sad person--yay for Chris!)
However, today I feel a little bit better.

Because today I get to use my cute new scissors: (i love birds! Hence I loved these, plus they are mini)

To make presents for these two young ladies:
(jeni, I totally stole this pic from your blog!)


I have been downloading some ridiculously amazing music, I bought 15 songs on iTunes yesterday alone. Music makes me so happy, today I plan on listening to it as loud as possible.
...some of my purchases yesterday include:

The Kills

anya marina
and of course, Lady Gaga (i know she is a total freak but I still love her...I'm GooGoo for GaGa!)

plus for any of you who haven't already downloaded some Metric, you most definitely should. Two of my friends, whose music suggestions are HIGHLY valued (B & Jess) have both recommended them to me over the past couple weeks-lucky for me I already had 2 songs! But since their suggestions I have bought several more...thanks girls!

& I am going to start laundry today, so I can pack to see these people:



Plus I'm all done with Christmas shopping! I'm happy to say that a lot of my gifts this year were in support of artists--I bought a bunch of stuff on Etsy, at a few markets I went to, etc. --It feels great to be done! Now I can just enjoy the season, and hopefully get to play in the snow!!

I also can just look out my window & see the beach, see my car (yes! a car, finally! I am no longer stranded! RIP Ruby), and see on my front door all the wonderful Christmas cards from so many wonderful people! It's gonna be a good day..

6 comments:

Jeni said...

I love Lady Gaga against my own will, too. I can't seem to help it. Olivia can even sing the chorus to most of her songs... Just from ME singing them, though. (I don't think she needs to hear the majority of her lyrics...)

I am excited for O's surprise!! And I love those scissors. If you must cut, that's the way to do it.

Shari said...

This girl at my Chili's restaurant has a tatoo of those scissors. She thought that it would be really cool and she loves birds. Then she went to a beauty supply and saw some scissors that looked just like her tatoo and they were nose hair cutting scissors!!! ha! ha! Now she has this tatoo on her forearm of nose hair scissors!!!

Kellie Spiker said...

I love The Kills!!!! And I love that you are coming up to utah! (or so I take it from that post.) If not then "Boo!" ; )

Adam & Samantha said...

those scissors are darling. i agree, music can change the mood any day! let's get ready for christmas!

the organic kitchen said...

Love the scissors. How lucky are you to live at the beach??? And as much as I hate the cold, six days in the snow in our cozy cabin will be fun! I hope your sleep gets better... take it from an expert... no caffeine, lots of yoga, hot bath an hour before bedtime, melatonin under the tongue, a sleep mask if your room is not dark and avoid stress!!! If it's hormones, this too shall pass...

the organic kitchen said...

Love the scissors. How lucky are you to live at the beach??? And as much as I hate the cold, six days in the snow in our cozy cabin will be fun! I hope your sleep gets better... take it from an expert... no caffeine, lots of yoga, hot bath an hour before bedtime, melatonin under the tongue, a sleep mask if your room is not dark and avoid stress!!! If it's hormones, this too shall pass...