Friday, November 5, 2010

A Celebration!

My 25th Birthday was full of surprises! My husband shocked me this year with his lack of procrastination & his ability to trick me! I know I say this all of the time, but I really do feel so lucky to be married to such a wonderful man. He makes life amazing and I couldn't be happier.
I was a well loved girl this year and I couldn't have felt more blessed!

We kicked off my day with a "birthday eve" present! I think we'll have to make it a tradition! :) The day of my birthday I woke up to another gift from Chris (so sweet!) and then had to go to class, boo!  However, I opted to ditch Math halfway through and I went for a run in the sun on our lovely little beach and treated myself to a pedicure. I'm confident I made the right choice!

That night Chris & I had dinner plans, so off we went. Much to my surprise & delight we walked up to a table full of friends! They completely tricked me! Seeing as it was Thursday and we live all the way down in Newport, I never even imagined anyone would come down. Surprises are now officially one of my favorite things ever! It was the BEST! I literally couldn't stop smiling all night! Totally made the day! I couldn't believe they would fight all of that traffic just to be there with me on my birthday. Like I said, I'm blessed! 
(I didn't get a clear photo with Chris, which I'm sad about.)

Ash was the brains behind the operation. She is one of my very best friends and is like a sister to me. I can't even begin to describe what a generous and thoughtful person she is.

The Boys

My old EM team!

Love Birds

Sweet Lindsay Lou Lou & Ash. I wish I could hang out with these two all of the time!

All the girls. Jami, Janae, and Jessica came down too!

 The next three days were a continuation-celebration! I always love when birthdays spill over onto other days, it's so much more fun!
I received some lovely packages in the mail (thank you!) and Chris and I spent the night carving pumpkins (more importantly we spent time together, such a rare thing these days!).

Saturday we met up with two of our favorite people, Trevor & Shelby for dinner and Phantom of the Opera! I was SO excited!! A real birthday treat! I brought my camera, but forgot to take pictures! Dork! It was such a blast hanging out with them and we loved the show.


Sunday we drove up to see Chris' family! We live only 2 hrs from them but feel like we never see them! Linda was so awesome & prepared the most amazing birthday feast for us! And of course we loved seeing Marali, Grandma, and the rest of the family too.


It was an amazing birthday. 
25th you came, you went, & you were fabulous.

5 comments:

Audrey Crisp said...

Sounds like an amazing birthday!

Jess and Jason Apperson said...

So glad I got to be a part of your birthday celebrations! You deserve every surprise you received. Love you!!!

The Alvords said...

I'm so glad it turned into more of a birthday week than just a birth-day for you. You are amazing and I love you!

Spiker said...

happy birthday sorry you got sick:(

Cardon & Whitney said...

hooray! happy birthday!! I'm glad you had an amazing week!!