Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Its' the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!



It's October!! I am so excited you have no idea! October is my absolute FAVORITE month of the entire year! I used to say (Jeni will remember this) "I can't be mad this month, its my favorite"-and I would attempt to not spoil it's bliss in any way. Now, Oct in Cali isn't nearly as fabulous as it is in UT but I'll take what I can get. Not only is it October, but its AUTUMN & its the beginning of the Holiday season (which if you know me, you know I tend to get excited about holidays, traditions, etc. -poor Chris). Here are some of the many reasons why I love this month:
1. The leaves (sniffle..) I miss them SOOOOO much! Going up the canyon & seeing the leaves has been a tradition of mine since I can remember. Sundance is GORGEOUS this time of year!
2. Halloween!
3. My birthday! (i like clothing gift cards btw. ;) )
4. Sweaters & Boots, and Layering- Oh my! I know its silly...but I absolutely, hands down, love fall/winter wardrobe. I love to layer & i loooooooove boots & sweaters. Mine are resting in a box in my garage since its still in the 90's here..yuck! But I get to break them out in a week when I go to NY so all is well!
5.Carving pumpkins! (and the actual event of picking my pumpkin)
6.Hot Chocolate! - i love it year round, but now I can actually start ordering my carmel apple ciders & hot chocolates & not feel crazy!
7. Fall Foods- I love all the soups & roasted chickens etc. Delish!

Anyway, you get the idea! So HURRAY FOR OCTOBER!!!

7 comments:

Bobbilynn said...

wow. I now love october more. Thanks!

lauren said...

DIDO to all you said! YEA FOR OCTOBER... YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA

Nate and Lynlee said...

Okay we are so alike. I love all of those things too. First of all, I love fall and winter clothes. I think the clothes in general are just all around cuter. Second, I also love hot chocolate all year around! I go through those big cans of hot chocolate like it's no one's business!

P.S. I love the previous post about political leadership. I thought of majoring in Political Science. I love politics. I've found it's hard to find people to talk to who really know what's going on in this country! So thanks for the post.

The Alvords said...

Well said! I LOVE Fall! This is the one time of the year I'm actually glad we live in Utah. It is so beautiful and pleasant up here right now. THe mountians are orange, yellow and red. I just love it!

PS~ I'm sooooooo jealous that you get to go to NYC next week! It's my favorite city ever!

Jeni said...

I always think of you when this time rolls around. This is the first year ever that I'm actually excited for fall! Before fall always meant winter was right around the corner, but NOW with a baby every season is exciting because she just gets older and older!

the organic kitchen said...

Fall is definately under rated. I love it too. ~ Linda/ Mom

Peterson Family said...

Good post-It reminds me of dressing up for halloween 9th grade and if Im remembering it right you had dyed part of your hair pink, or red...and it would not come out! OH good old Jr high.