Sunday, March 21, 2010

Group Recipe Project

I think it would be fantastic and so much fun if someone, anyone {of you} would join me in the occasional recipe endeavor.

Ahem, in other words...

I post a recipe that I've never tried {and that you've never tried} and set a date that we must make it by {within that week}--and everyone report back via comment on their experience!

I realize I could be utterly alone on this endeavor...and that's alright. Some of the recipes may not be your style, but you should definitely still try them. What harm can it do? Give you a little experience? Help you try something new? Calories? Meh-it's not like you'll be making these things daily, just occasionally. :)

Are you with or without me?

I sure hope you're with {even if it's silently, however I would love for it not to be--I fear I may need a support group on this one!}

Are you afraid? It's okay, I am a little afraid too.
Are you excited? I AM!

Okay so without further ado, I present our 1st recipe...

Apple Dumplings
I chose these because, well, they looked delicious. I see them for dessert this summer out on my patio or maybe for a warm Saturday morning breakfast. Mmmm. I hope they're as good as they look!
For the complete recipe & photos, see this fabulous site:
design sponge

Let's set the due date or 'Make By Date' for next Monday March 29th!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm in Mares!

*juli* said...

Those Apple Dumplings look to die for! I'm definitely with you on this recipe idea! What a great idea! I love trying new things! Especially food! I'm excited to try these. :)
p.s. How is your sister with RA doing?? Do you know what kind of treatment she's doing?? I was actually diagnosed with RA on Tuesday, but haven't made the official announcement on my blog yet. :)

Audrey Crisp said...

Thanks Mari! P.S. I checked out PJ's blog and he does have the cutest little family! I left them a comment and his wife will probably think I'm some weirdo! HAHAHA... Glad we're blog buddies too. Take CARE!

Racheal Jade said...

I love this idea!

The Alvords said...

I love it, I'm in.

Keef and Brit said...

So I want to do this... but I want to know... do we have to follow the exact recipe verbatim? like say, these look DELISH but I hate warm apples... does it still count if I substitue another fruit like peaches or something?

Annie and Dan said...

Mari I love the idea and I am in! My only qualification is... I will make things that I like. I too am not a huge warm apple person so I won't try this one, but I definately will try on the ones that interest me!

M said...

i'm in!

Glamour Girl Fitness said...

Totally in! I will make this on my "cheat day". <3 you and I'll write back and let you know how it goes! :)

Glamour Girl Fitness said...

I'm so in! I just tried to leave you a comment, but it didn't work for some reason??? Anyways, I will make this yummy dessert on my "cheat day". <3 you and I will post back with the results!

Amy said...

ok so I made these last night and the were good. I think I should have thinned the pastry part a little more and it might have been a little better if the apples weren't plain apples and more like apple pie apples. Also I had a hard time getting the sauce to thicken up. But over all I'm sure a better cook well do an amazing job but they were good for me and we used vanilla ice cream instead of whip bc I'm not really a fan of whip. I think any treat is delicious so I'm excited to see what's next.

The Coccimiglios said...

OK so I just realized that the comment I made about making them was left under a different user name bc the lady I work for was signed in. SO I was very confused as to why this person copied exactly what I said. SO yes if you are wondering who Amy is it was me.