Thursday, March 18, 2010

Keeping Busy

Although I'm only mobile 50% of the day, I have been doing my best to stay busy (and not go crazy). I have been sewing a lot. My friends up in UT are so nice, they modeled the things I've been sewing for me last weekend (when it was FREEZING out). I am so lucky to have such sweet & generous friends. You can see more of the shoot HERE and I started selling a few of them HERE. I am mostly trying to get ready for the Beehive Bazaar the first weekend in May. I don't want to rush myself too much so I am trying to start sewing now so I am ready & not stressed out two weeks before.
Here is a group shot of my friends from left to right:

Jessica, Britney, Lauren, & Taylor
I am really lucky they are not only nice, but beautiful :) A few of them have been so "worried" about the photos---pah-lease! They are GORGEOUS. Crazy girls.I've also sewn a bunch of headbands, some really cute maternity clothes for Courtney, and am learning how to make patterns! I'm happy to be keeping busy but think I may be pushing myself too fast/hard. My feet kept me up all night last night (and in turn kept my poor hardworking husband up as well). I haven't had a bad night like that since week 6..it was awful. I have to remind myself that even though I can walk & drive a little now--I shouldn't be doing it a lot. Boo! Anyway Chris is working like a crazy man, he got up early for work & won't be home until at least 10pm tonight, same as yesterday. He then informed me he will "most likely have to work all weekend". I am SO grateful he has a job in this economy, but I still totally miss his cute face being around.

Ps. I have to find a job in a month, if anyone knows of anything in the Newport Beach area give me a shout!

TTFN!

4 comments:

Brittany said...

Mari! How do I order some of your maternity clothes? It is so hard to find cute tops! Hope your feet are feeling better!

Brittany

The Alvords said...

You are amazing. I am so obsessed with my new maternity clothes, you have no idea!!! I have been showing everyone. I have some friends who want to place some custom orders. Love you!

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

Aw yay! I'm so glad! Thanks Court. Tell them I'd love to!

Brittany: email me @ autumndameinfo@gmail.com for Maternity info.

Unknown said...

I want to buy maternity top! Cute ones for the summer! I have never been too pregnant in the summer. (well with Kayden I guess but those clothes are now out of style!)

Also are you going to be up here the first week of may?! We are moving on the 1st of may to a place right by thanksgiving point! I look forward to keeping your clothing company there! (and forcing some to leave the others and come home with me!) ; )